WordPress User Guide (for Beginners)
WordPress is a CMS (content management system) programmed with open source code, originally developed for blogging but with an impressive growth rate, it has now become a symbol of marketers and seoers. Web development does not need to know too many technical skills with the feature to meet many industries from company introduction, e-commerce, real estate, travel … with extremely economical cost, extremely suitable with small businesses or startup online sales models. According to statistics, the number of websites using WordPress accounts for about 70% of the websites on the internet. Why should you use wordpress or what is wordpress in detail you can refer to in the article What is WordPress and why should you learn about wordpress? . In this article, web888 will summarize for you how to install a wordpress website from a computer environment to put the website on the internet in the most understandable way, wish you success!
1. Install WordPress from scratch
A. Install WordPress under desktop environment
Lesson 1: Install the localhost environment on your computer with xampp software : this is an environment that helps turn your personal computer into a virtual server to develop and run websites for learning and web development purposes.
Lesson 2: Installing wordpress on localhost with xampp software : installing the most basic wordpress website on a computer or laptop environment. The wpordpress website is accessible using your computer's browser
B. Move wordpress from the computer environment to the internet environment
2. Use wordpress
A. Editing & Posting
Lesson 1: How to Login to WordPress : A common problem with new users is that they don't know where the WordPress login address is! Another trouble is when you forget your password and don't know how to recover.
Lesson 2: How to post on WordPress : A brief guide on how to post, including a title, insert read more tags, and directory selection.
Lesson 3: How to edit and edit content in WordPress : In this article, you will learn in detail how to edit content in WordPress, such as inserting images, creating links, alignment, adding tables, list, select font, etc.
- Lesson 3.1: Revision function of WordPress : This feature helps you restore old versions of articles.
Lesson 4: How to insert music into WordPress : You will know how to insert music into your website from famous music sites like nhaccuatui, soundcloud, etc. All have a common method is to copy the embed code and put it on the page. .
- Lesson 4.1: How to insert videos into WordPress : Turns out that inserting videos into WordPress is not as difficult as you think, you just need to copy the link and paste it into the content. However, if you want more customization, you still need to use the embed code.
Lesson 5: Manage photos in WordPress : Complete guide including upload, edit, SEO, compress, delete, edit photos. You will understand the basics of image processing.
Lesson 6: Difference between Post and Page in WordPress : They are very similar but actually these are 2 different formats & suitable for different types of content. You need to know to use it properly.
Lesson 7: How to create a table of contents for posts in WordPress : A table of contents is especially useful if your articles are long and/or require a clear structure. It makes it easy for readers to get an overview of the entire content and navigate to any piece of content they want to read.
Lesson 8: How to install themes and themes for WordPress : Good or bad website depends on the interface. WordPress has hundreds of thousands of themes including both free and paid. This article walks you through how to install them, from the built-in WordPress library to themes uploaded from external sites.
Lesson 9: How to create and edit menus for the interface : The menu is a map of the website, from which the user knows the most important locations and pages on the website.
Lesson 10: Managing Widgets in WordPress : a widget is an extended child element, it is usually located in the right or left column and footer of the website. Website features are richer thanks to widgets.
Lesson 11: Customize WordPress theme : It is not immediately available to use after installing the theme. You need to make some modifications like choosing the name, logo, intro, customizing the footer, colors, fonts, etc.
C. Basic Settings
Lesson 12: WordPress Settings Overview : The WordPress Settings area is where you adjust the basic settings that underlie the general operations of your site, they include: General; Writing (Writing); Reading (Read); Discussion (Discussion); Media (Library); Permalinks (Static Paths).
Lesson 13: Customize URL structure, static paths in WordPress : Each article has its own URL, in this section you set up an overview structure for this URL, because the default structure of WordPress may not be suitable for you. friend.
Lesson 14: Managing comments and comments in WordPress : Comments are a very important part of the website, it is a bridge between viewers and webmasters. However, it is also very vulnerable to abuse, such as offensive, vulgar or spammy comments and excessive advertising. If you want to add more functionality and convenience to the comments area, check out the following article about the wpDiscuz plugin.
Lesson 15: WordPress Write, Read & Library Settings: These 3 platform options you rarely change, but need to know in case of need.
Lesson 16: Delegating membership rights in WordPress : If your website has many participants, you need to know how to assign permissions to each person and understand what rights each person has on the site. That helps reduce the risk of vandalism, whether accidental or intentional.
Lesson 17: Install Google Analytics code in WordPress to analyze your website : If you want to know which pages users visit the most on your website, how many minutes on average they stay on the page and how many pages they visit each time when leaving.
D. Basic plugin
Lesson 18: How to install a plugin : WordPress is not WordPress anymore without a plugin. In this article, you will learn how to install a plugin for your website, the operation is really easy.
- Lesson 18.1: How to use Contact Form 7 to create contact and purchase forms : The contact form is a fundamental component in many websites, helping to create a private contact between the web browser and the website owner (administrator). administrator).
Lesson 19: Yoast plugin for web SEO : One of the best and most popular SEO plugins. SEO plugins help your website rank higher on search engines like Google.
- Lesson 19.1: Redirection plugin to redirect URLs in WordPress : an SEO support plugin, in case of changing the URL of the article, you need to use this plugin to redirect to keep its ranking on search engines & avoid the user from going to the error page.
- Lesson 19.2: Writing standard SEO articles is not as difficult as you think : It is important to be careful and patient. The article has a lot of useful suggestions for WordPress
Lesson 20: ReSmush image compression plugin to help reduce image size : An easy-to-use image compression tool for WordPress, using API, so it is suitable for weak hosting.
- Lesson 20.1: Compare Popular Image Compression Plugins : There are so many image compression plugins out there, choosing the right one can be a daunting task. This article presents the pros and cons of each and suggests which plugin you should use based on your individual needs.
- Lesson 20.2: Understanding JPG, PNG and GIF image formats : These are the 3 most popular image formats on the web world, the article presents some basic understanding about them.
- Lesson 20.3: Image Compression Plugin EWWW Image Optimizer : This free image compression tool is great in many ways, especially suitable for websites with medium or higher storage quality and want to take advantage of the power of the format. new WebP image.
Lesson 21: Cache Enabler plugin – create accelerated cache for WordPress : One of the basic ways to speed up WordPress is to create static pages from dynamic PHP pages. This is an easy to use plugin so it is very suitable for new users
- Lesson 21.1: 21 ways to speed up WordPress : Presenting a summary of the most effective ways to speed up WordPress, if you are really interested in speed can refer to this article.
- Lesson 21.2: Plugin Autoptimize – speed up the website through compressing and merging CSS, JSS and HTML files : The plugin supports very good acceleration. It supports plugins like WP Fastest Cache.
- Lesson 21.3: WP-Optimize plugin for WordPress database optimization : Especially useful if you have a website that has not been optimized for a long time.
- Lesson 21.4: WP Super Cache Plugin: Similar to WP Fastest Cache, this is also one of the very popular web-accelerated caching plugins, created by the owners of WordPress Automattic. See more frequently asked questions about WP Super Cache here.
Lesson 22: JetPack plugin – a multi-use tool for users : One of the most used plugins in WordPress, but you need to understand its customizations to use it properly.
- Lesson 22.1: Should JetPack's Web Acceleration Feature Be Used : Web acceleration is something everyone wants, but who is this JetPack feature for and under what circumstances, it's something you need to know.
Lesson 23: AMP Plugin – Accelerate WordPress for Mobile Users : This is a Google project and one of the simple, free and effective ways to speed up your website. However, not all sites are suitable.
E. Data Protection
Lesson 24: WordPress Data Import & Export Tool : Very simple method of storing, backing up and backing up data, based on available features of WordPress
Lesson 25: UpdraftPlus – data backup tool for WordPress : A professional method of storing, backing up and backing up data and is one of the best free plugins in this field.
- Lesson 25.1: Duplicator plugin – WordPress Migration: Makes it easy to backup and migrate your website to another host.
- Lesson 25.2: All-in-One WP Migration Plugin: It is also one of the most popular site migration plugins.
F. Domain and Hosting
Lesson 26: How to choose a good domain name : Your domain name will be your brand from the start, so you need to choose your domain name carefully.
Lesson 27: How to buy domain names on Godaddy : This is one of the largest domain resellers in the world. Many Vietnamese people choose to buy domain names here, this is also the first large foreign domain name selling site with a Vietnamese interface.
Lesson 28: How to choose to buy hosting for WordPress : Whether your website accesses fast or slow, the plugin can promote all its features or not depends a lot on the quality of the hosting.
Lesson 29: How to point a domain name to hosting : you do "marriage registration" for domain and hosting.
Lesson 30: Instructions for using the WooCommerce plugin.
Lesson 31: Provide more. There are pretty idyllic things in WordPress that you can improve to increase engagement and reader satisfaction. You will be amazed at the results after applying it comprehensively. Refer to this article: Simple factors to make WordPress readers find your website more interesting and engaging .
Wish you soon master WordPress & achieve what you want with your new website.